Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy Berlin
Start-up Night! Africa
The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy is hosting the Start-up Night! Africa. This will be a networking and matchmaking event where we will bring digital African start-ups together with start-ups and established companies from Germany.
Are you interested in broadening your network? If so, do make the most of this opportunity and be a part of the Start-up Night! Africa.
The evening’s programme includes:
- Welcome address by Brigitte Zypries, Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Keynote by Melanie Hawken, Founder and CEO of Lionesses of Africa,
- Pitches by African start-ups that offer creative solutions for the German market,
- Pitches by German start-ups that have developed attractive business models for Africa, Pitches by established German companies that would like to work together with African start-ups,
- Poster and networking session with these companies and with further companies and institutions.
Are you a digital start-up entrepreneur from Africa looking to conquer the German market? Are you a German start-up with innovative, digital ideas for the African continent? If so, you can apply to make a pitch or for a place at the poster session. Please send us a one-pager presenting your company and business model in addition to your registration to until 25 September 2017.
Are you representing an established company, business association or institution wishing to present your profile to other players as part of the poster session? Please send us a one-pager presenting your organisation and why you are applying in addition to your registration to until 25 September 2017.
26 October 2017, 18:00
Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
Access at Invalidenstraße 48